Monday, November 3, 2008

Frozen in time

Sometimes I wish it was possible to freeze time. Everyone always says time flies by with a child and it is so true. I look at Kyle and wonder where the last 16 months have gone. We've definitely had some tough moments but when I look back all I remember are the good times. I can't believe he's already walking around and communicating. Where did that helpless dependent baby go? He's now independent in so many ways and has this amazing personality. Kyle picks out the food he wants to eat, the shoes he wants to wear, the books he wants to read. He just amazes me at all that he can understand and all that he can do. Sometimes when he comes toddling into the room I look at him and see a glance into the future. I don't see a wobbly 1 year old, but a 10 year old playing baseball or an 18 year old getting dressed up for prom. I know those moments will be here before I know it and so I try my best to enjoy every moment that is speeding past us. If I could just freeze him and capture him in this moment in time it would be perfect. But at the same time, I'm so excited to see how he changes and grows throughout the years and I can't wait to experience all of that with him. Will it always go this quickly? Probably. For now, I'll just count my blessings and keep telling myself how lucky I am to get to see his adorable smiling face every morning.

No comments: