Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this morning of Thanksgiving, I wanted to make a list of the many things I'm thankful for. There are many and I hope I can remember to be grateful for them all year round. So, here goes.
1. Kyle - no explanation needed but seriously, who knew that a little boy could take over my heart in just 17 short months? He amazes me and makes me laugh and smile every day.
2. My amazing family - with all the quirks and craziness sometimes, they help define who I am. We can argue and disagree but we always love each other. I am beyond lucky to have so many amazing people to proudly call my family.
3. The blessing to be able to stay home with Kyle. This is truly one of those things I don't take for granted.
4. Technology. I love being able to reconnect with old friends and keep in touch and share memories so easily.
5. Couches and a rug that are easy to clean. Seriously, with 2 dogs and a kid (and Brad), it's the little things in life that make me happy.
6. The sense of security I have - I never worry about having all that we need - we may not drive fancy cars, live in a huge house, or shop on Rodeo Drive, but I don't need those things. Our needs and many of our wants are provided for always. That security brings contentment to my life.
7. Arcadia. Heaven on Earth.
8. Friends who 'get' me. It's not the quantity but the quality of friends that is important to me and my friends are quality people.
9. Nice generous people. Everywhere I go it seems people are always helping one another out and giving of themselves freely. I don't think it's just because of the holiday season. I really think most people deep down are really good and just need opportunities to help. They inspire me to be a better person too.
10. An amazing God who has blessed me beyond measure.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope your lives are joyful and blessed as well!

No comments: