Friday, August 29, 2008

Shoes and monkeys

I love being a stay at home mom. I get to see and experience so many cool things with Kyle. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Every day he makes me laugh at the crazy things he does. Yesterday, for example, we were in the kitchen getting stuff ready for dinner. Kyle loves singing, so we were singing "If you're happy and you know it". He really gets into it and wildly claps his hands along with me. When we got to the second verse though (stomp your feet for those who have forgotten), he stopped clapping, looked at my feet, and crawled off into the dining room. I'm thinking, okay, I guess he's done with the song. A few seconds later he comes crawling back into the kitchen, carrying my shoes! I guess he decided I shouldn't be stomping my feet without my shoes. He's also discovered he has a real talent for climbing. He climbs on chairs, tables, his sandbox outside. A couple days ago, I found him sitting on the bottom shelf of our baker's rack, right next to the lone bottle of sangria. He had somehow crawled on and ducked his head between the two wine bottle holder bars. (The wine bottles have been moved - once he discovered he could pull them out they were gone.) There's a good reason we call him our little monkey. That and the fact that this kid would eat bananas all day long if we let him! I think the clerk at our little grocery store down the street must wonder what we do with all the bananas. I think we're in there every other day buying a new bunch. Maybe with my love of wild animals we should think about getting a real pet monkey!










No comments: