Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 in 1 day!

Wow, I'm back again so soon. I had so much to catch up on, I forgot to mention anything about today. Kyle and I went to a playdate at another MOMS club member's house - had a great time as usual. Then we picked up Brad and went out to lunch. I love that we're able to do that here - and Kyle loves it too. Brad also shared the news that he heard back from one of our possible basement contractors. For those that don't know - we have been dealing with a nightmare in our basement. We found out in September that there was water coming up through the concrete foundation - not tons but enough to cause a problem. So, since then, we've had to take everything out of there (which means our living room is currently a toy room), throw out all the stuff that got wet and ruined, and then we had a company come in, jackhammer out the old floor and pour a whole new floor for us. Now we're in the process of finishing the work. We need someone to come in and re-frame and drywall the bottom 18" of wall that had to be removed to pour the floor. Seems pretty simple to me, but geez these quotes are expensive. Hopefully we can find someone reasonable and get the work done SOON because I'm going out of my mind. So, if you know anyone looking for work, let me know!! The ironic thing is that the 'finished basement' is one of the reasons we bought this house over a couple others that had basements that needed work. Little did we know! Below are some pictures I took during the work before they poured the floor.
On another note, I was finally able to publish the hysterical video a couple posts below. Puts a smile on my face every time!













No comments: