Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm Back!!

Yup, it's been 2 months since I last wrote on here. I'm making a promise to myself though to write more frequently. I'm not going to say anything crazy like I'll write every day or anything, but we'll see how it goes. So, what's been going on all this time? Well, we've had cold windy weather and lots of snow. We did have a beautiful day on St. Patrick's Day - Kyle, Brown Bear and I took a trip to the park and had lots of fun!

In March, Brad took his annual trip to Vegas with the boys. This year though, I got to fly out and join him (after the guys trip was over, but that's just fine with me). We had a great time - I got to go to the spa, we ate great dinners, saw great friends, went to an awesome show (Love), and did our share of gambling (and losing). Mom (who is now called Ma - as it sounds in mat for example) flew up to watch Kyle and they had a great time. Stephie and Chloe came up too which Kyle LOVED! He loves his Chloe oe especially and still asks about her. After Beth came to get them, he kept saying to me, Chloe - bye bye - Beth - I told Beth she was in trouble for taking her away! We had a great time having them here - even took a trip to the zoo!
Kyle is great. He's talking TONS right now - it's so fun to hear him talk. He's getting so big and he has a big personality to go with it too. He knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to tell you - usually what he wants are 'nacks' all day long. He pulls you into the pantry and it's 'up' so he can pick out what he wants. He loves being outside and we both can't wait until this weather warms up so we can play outside all day. Lately, he hasn't been too happy when we come home and have to go inside instead of to the park. Soon buddy, soon. He plays hard all day and has a great time. He does like to walk around in our shoes a bit - see the picture below. I think Brad would prefer him walking around in his shoes, but oh well. He's having fun.
When I shower every day, Kyle comes with and amuses himself while I get ready. I usually bring in a basket of toys for him - today he emptied it out and climbed inside to read a book. He's a goof but we love him tons! He definitely makes us laugh.

We got to see some good friends on Sunday night - had Lou Mal's pizza and hung out while Kyle and Jason and Jaime's little girl Eden played. They had a great time and so did we. Wish we lived closer so we could hang out more often. On Thursday, Kyle and I are heading to GA to visit my family, celebrate Easter and my Grandma's 89th birthday. I'm so thankful that we'll get to be there for that and see my family too - I miss them! And, Kyle will have a blast playing with all his cousins too. Can't wait for some warm weather down there!


No comments: